Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why Blue Lion?

My wife and I started Blue Lion English, because we thought we could make a unique contribution. My wife attended to our daughter's English education, and she saw many schools. I am a licensed teacher and have spent my entire career teaching English.

----------

I had to take classes on Child Development to earn my California Teacher's License and my M.Ed. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). I have studied topics in the Behavioral Sciences. We try to apply the Scientific Method; however, what we are focusing on in the human mind. The human mind is not to be confused with the brain. A human brain can be removed from a cadaver. It can be seen. It can be dissected. This is not true for the human mind. We try to apply the Scientific Method in the Behavioral Sciences. We call it Research Methodology.

People have been learning and teaching languages for thousands of years. There were assumptions that everyone accept as truth. It is only within the last forty or so years that we have statistical evidence that has proven many of these assumptions to be incorrect. There are so many issues in child development and language learning that direct our decisions.

I was taught in my B.A. and M.Ed. program that we have proven many things to be pure superstition. I'm the owner of Blue Lion English, Inc. We are a part of this community. We feel that we have made a promise to our community. We don't want to break our promise. As we manage Blue Lion English, we always keep our focus on what is best for your child. We have a child that we treasure, and we assume that you feel the same way about your child.

A children's school own by a credentialed language educator with decades of experience? They are few and far between.

No comments:

Post a Comment